Best Live Casinos Online in Canada
The overall online casino experience has undergone many improvements since the first site opened its digital doors. What’s on offer now is a far cry from what was originally available to players who preferred to play their favourite casino games from the comfort of their own homes. Thankfully, a lot of these changes have been for the better. Operators and game developers have utilised the latest technological advancements to great effect to deliver a comprehensive and unparalleled user experience.
Now, it’s not only online slots and virtual table games that players can enjoy but all of the glitz and glamour associated with the best live casino titles too. Wherever you have a stable internet connection you can log on to your favourite Canadian casino and be transported to the digital world of live blackjack and live roulette, amongst many other unique live dealer games.
So, if you’re looking to take a digital seat at the tables for the first time make sure you read on. We discuss the advantages of choosing live dealer games, detail all of the gaming options at your disposal and highlight all of the best live casino bonuses that you can take full advantage of to further enhance your time at the tables.
|Table of Contents|
There are so many different live dealer casinos available to Canadian players that it can be difficult to determine which is the perfect fit for you. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of the best sites for you to choose from. Each of these have been thoroughly tested and vetted to ensure they’re of the highest standard, with security, live casino game selection and bonus availability being of paramount importance in our selection process.
A live casino is an online platform that delivers the unique atmosphere of its brick and mortar counterpart via a real-time HD video stream to your desktop or mobile device. By playing at these sites, you’ll be able to play all of your favourite live blackjack, roulette and poker variants whilst interacting with the industry’s most experienced live dealers and many other like-minded players. Therefore, live casinos not only grant you the ability to rack up huge real money wins but there’s also an enjoyable social element should you wish to chat with your fellow players.
What Makes a Good Live Casino?
Just like how there are important factors to consider when choosing which Canadian online casino to play at, there are also certain criteria to bear in mind when picking a live casino. The most important of these are listed below, and finding a site that combines these elements to great effect is key to maximising your enjoyment. Therefore, always take the following into account when selecting your preferred live casino in Canada:
- Game Selection: The top live casinos in Canada offer a wide range of games, with multiple blackjack, roulette, poker and baccarat variants readily available. It’s fine if you have a particular game in mind, but a bit of variety does wonders to spice things up from time to time.
- Software Providers: As live casinos have increased in popularity over the years, many new software providers are throwing their hats into the live dealer ring. Although competition is good for the industry, it’s important to choose sites that utilise the products of the most respected and trusted names in the industry.
- Promotions & Live Casino Bonuses: Whether it be via a live dealer welcome bonus or some sort of cashback offer, the best live casino sites provide customers with promotions to enhance the overall experience. These can be key to maximising winnings and minimising your losses when gambling online.
- Simple Deposits & Withdrawals: Nowadays, there are multiple methods that provide ways of instantly depositing funds at your favourite casino. However, it’s also important that the site is as equally keen to pay out any winnings you may have earned. So, make sure that the withdrawal methods available allow you to get your hands on your winnings as conveniently as possible.
- Quality of Live Dealers & Croupiers: Ultimately, the entire experience can be made or ruined depending upon the quality of the live dealers. Thankfully, whenever you play at a top online live casino in Canada you’ll find that the dealers and croupiers are of the highest standard and have been trained to deliver a professional and engaging experience.
Live Casinos vs. Regular Online Casinos
Regular online casino games that utilise RNG systems to determine the outcome and their live dealer counterparts each come with their respective pros and cons. Your decision of which to play will likely come down to personal preference but if you’re looking for somewhere to start, see our comparison below.
|Regular Casinos vs Live Online Casinos|
Regular Online Casinos
✔️ Experience the unparalleled atmosphere of land-based casino gaming wherever you have a stable internet connection.
✔️ Huge range of games available, often thousands more compared to the selection of live casino games.
✔️ Enjoy the social elements of playing with like-minded players from all over the world.
✔️ Typically much wider ranging betting limits, resulting in greater choice for both high rollers and conservative players.
✔️ Switch between different tables and games at your leisure - there’s very little time spent waiting for a seat to open up.
✔️ More variety in casino bonuses and promotions - plenty of free spins, reload bonuses and cashback offers available.
❌Game selection is much more limited in comparison to regular online casino games.
❌Lack of social interaction, meaning gameplay can become sterile after some time.
❌As the action is streamed in real-time HD video, you will need a solid internet connection to fully capture the overall experience.
❌Games powered by Random Number Generators can potentially be highly volatile - you can quickly see huge swings in wins and losses.
If you’ve made the decision to get in on the action at a live casino, you’ll need to set up a new account to get started. Follow the step-by-step guide provided below and you’ll be taking your seat at the tables in no time at all.
- Step 1: Choose from the best live online casinos in Canada by selecting any site listed throughout this page.
- Step 2: Follow the link and find a button that says either “Join Now”, “Sign Up, “Register” or something similar.
- Step 3: Enter all of the requested information - personal details, email, username and password to get started.
- Step 4: Confirm you are of legal age to gamble and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Step 5: Verify your email address and submit any additional documentation to complete the KYC (Know Your Customer) process.
- Step 6: Log in to your account, make a deposit and choose your preferred live casino game.
- Step 7: Withdraw any winnings by navigating to the cashier/banking page. Select your preferred payment method, enter the amount you wish to cashout and submit your withdrawal request.
Deposits & Withdrawals in Live Casinos
There are many different payment methods you can use to both deposit and withdraw funds at a live casino. The best live casinos provide a variety of debit card, credit card, instant banking and eWallet solutions, so whichever you prefer to use you should have the option to do so.
Of course, some payment methods are much more popular amongst Canadian players than others due to their availability and respective advantages. See below for an overview of some of the most commonly accepted payment options and click their respective links to discover in-depth reviews of each of them.
- Visa: As a worldwide leader in card transactions, both offline and online, Visa is one of the most popular payment methods at Canadian casinos. The service utilises the latest and most advanced security measures to ensure each deposit and withdrawal is performed in a safe manner. Withdrawals may take a little longer compared to other methods, but the funds should still reach your account within a few days.
- Interac: Interac e-Transfers enables players to securely and instantly deposit funds from a bank account to an online casino account. Additionally, as there’s no reason to supply the casino with any of your banking information this payment service benefits from an additional layer of security compared to traditional card payments.
- Paysafecard: If you’re looking to maintain even tighter control over your casino spending, the prepaid card method of Paysafecard is the ideal solution. Either purchase your card online or at certain land-based retailers and then deposit the amount of funds you wish to play with via a 16-digit pin. Whilst the service has multiple advantages there is one distinct drawback - it cannot be used for withdrawals. Unfortunately, if you’re looking to cashout any winnings you’ll have to use an alternative payment method.
Insider Tips for Live Casinos
Even if you’re familiar with standard live dealer games there are a few additional things you’ll want to bear in mind when playing at a live casino.
- Remember that there are different variants of many traditional table games. These can introduce new rules into regular roulette, blackjack and poker gameplay. Therefore, make sure to carefully select your game to avoid any potential surprises when you play for real money.
- When you play at a live casino you’re in a social environment. In addition to the live dealer there are other players seated at the table. This means that bad behaviour and foul language won’t be tolerated and you may be penalised or even removed from the table should you not follow these rules.
- Live dealers tables often have different betting limits. Always ensure that you select the right table for the stake you wish to play with.
When the first online live casino opened, players could only choose from a limited range of card and table games. Now that technology has advanced, more and more game providers are looking to push the limits of what’s possible in relation to the variety and innovation of live casino games. As such, the result is even more games to choose from and many new and unique offerings to play. You’ll still be able to play your favourite live blackjack, live roulette and live baccarat titles, but there’s also a huge assortment of money wheel, gameshow and other exciting games to try out!
Blackjack has long been the most popular card game enjoyed at live casinos. It’s simple, quick and offers players the chance to land solid returns when playing for real money. Many variants also provide the option to place side bets, which can yield even greater payouts. So, if you’re looking to take on the dealer and hit 21, why not try it out at one of the casinos above.
Outside of traditional card games, live roulette is the other big fan favourite at live casinos. Correctly predict the winning number and you could be looking at payouts of up to 35x your stake. What’s more is there are multiple variants that introduce additional rules, which can make the game even more exciting and profitable. If you’d prefer to place a wager on the outcome of the roulette ball’s final position we suggest you play at Genesis Casino.
Live casinos provide many variants of poker that should appeal to all types of players. Such games include versions of Texas Hold’Em, 3 Card Poker and Caribbean Stud so whatever your preference maybe you’ll have options at your disposal. These typically offer head to head play against the dealer and enable players to win even more when side bets are utilised - there are also progressive jackpots to be won. Learn when to hold ‘em and learn when to fold ‘em by playing at LeoVegas.
Baccarat was once considered a favourite amongst high rollers but now it can be enjoyed by players of any bankroll. Ultimately, the goal is to have a higher score than the dealer via a combination of different cards. Each card from 2-9 maintains its face value, aces are worth a single point and picture cards are 10’s or 0’s. It’s a relatively simple game to get to grips with and if you feel like taking on the live dealers we recommend the live baccarat games available at SIA Casino.
More Casino Games with Live Dealer
As we’ve previously mentioned, live casino games aren’t merely limited to traditional card games, nor are they confined to the roulette wheel. There are now many unique and innovative titles to try out at the best live casinos in Canada. If you fancy trying something new, games such as Sic Bo, Monopoly Live, Deal or No Deal Live, Dream Catcher and the recently released Crazy Time are fantastic options.
Getting the most out of your deposit is key to extending your play time at any online casino. The best way to do so is by taking advantage of the various live casino bonuses that sites offer. Some of these, such as the welcome bonus, are exclusive to new customers but there are also plenty of other promotions and offers for returning players to utilise. So, if you’re determined to kickstart your iGaming session with a boosted bankroll, always be on the lookout for a generous bonus - you’ll find information about the most common offers below.
A casino’s welcome bonus is each site’s primary means of attracting new players. This typically provides new customers with a 100% match on their first deposit but it can also offer extra incentives, such as free spins, and additional bonuses on subsequent deposits. However, one thing to bear in mind is that these typically come with wagering requirements. As such, you’ll need to play through your deposit and bonus amount a set number of times before any winnings can be withdrawn.
Live Casino Bonus
A live casino bonus is a great way to dip a toe into the live dealer waters for the very first time. It provides players with extra funds to specifically try out the various live casino games when making a deposit.
No Deposit Bonus
Some of the best Canadian live casinos even offer no deposit bonuses. These give you the chance to win real money entirely risk-free. There’s no need to make a deposit to trigger these offers, simply sign up to a participating casino and reap your free rewards. Unfortunately, there will likely be wagering requirements attached but, at the end of the day, it’s still a great way to potentially win free cash.
No Wagering Bonus
A no wagering bonus is the ideal choice if you’re looking to avoid any pesky wagering requirements. With this type of offer whatever you win, you keep. There’s no need to play through your bonus a specific number of times, you can simply withdraw the money whenever you choose to.
Just like any other industry, the online casino market has certain companies that have risen to the top of their respective fields of expertise. Whenever you choose to play at a live dealer casino in Canada you’ll come across many of the same names time and time again. This isn’t because the market is lacking competition, it’s simply because these live casino game providers deliver the best products. You'll find the most well-established and frequently seen live casino game developers outlined below.
Evolution Gaming has firmly cemented its position as the frontrunner in live dealer gaming. Since the developer’s inception in 2006, the company has continued to push the boundaries of what’s possible when it comes to live casino games. In addition to their innovative and Game of the Year winning Monopoly Live release, many other unique live dealer titles such as Lightning Roulette, Dream Catcher and the newly launched Crazy Time have swiftly become fan favourites.
If you fancy trying out some of the fantastic games in Evolution Gaming’s portfolio, check them out at LeoVegas.
Playtech also has a comprehensive live dealer portfolio, with a range of dedicated tables and native-speaking dealers for the UK, Italy, Spain and Romania. Available at many live casinos in Canada, you’ll be able to enjoy multiple live blackjack, roulette, baccarat and poker titles, along with the developer’s ‘flagship live experience’ Grand Royal.
Microgaming is one of the world’s leading casino game providers, having been in business since 1994. The company is predominantly known for its vast range of online slot releases, but Microgaming also entered the live dealer market in 2006 with several live blackjack, roulette, casino hold’em and sic bo titles.
And many more
The live casino sector isn’t solely limited to the aforementioned providers, there are many other developers also creating fresh and exciting live dealer games. Each of them have their respective specialities, but the competition driving each of them to create new ways to deliver live games only further benefits the player. So, if you come across any of the following names at a live casino, you can be sure that you’re in for a fulfilling experience:
- Pragmatic Play
- Authentic Gaming
- Extreme Live Gaming
As you can see, here at Casinopro we do our due diligence when it comes to researching topics that concern online gambling. In every case, we strive to deliver a complete and in-depth review so that, as the player, you have all of the information at your disposal.
In terms of our live casino selection process, there are many factors that we must first consider before offering a recommendation. Of course, if we were to come across anything that appeared dubious the site would NOT feature on our list of recommended live casinos. However, the main factors that we take into account are as follows:
- Licensing and regulation.
- Live casino game selection.
- Wide range of payment methods that can be used for both deposits and withdrawals.
- 24/7 customer support.
- Live casino bonus availability.
All of the best live casino games enable you to wager real money and in turn win real money. How much you can potentially win depends upon which game you choose to play but there are huge prizes available wherever you take a seat.
The best Canadian live casinos offer an array of different card games including blackjack, poker and baccarat, along with an assortment of other unique titles. Live roulette can also be enjoyed in addition to many leading money wheel games such Dream Catcher, Monopoly Live and Crazy Time.
Live casinos are perfectly safe for Canadian players, provided that the site is fully regulated and licensed. Many of the top live casinos in Canada are licensed either by the UKGC (United Kingdom Gambling Commission), MGA (Malta Gaming Authority) or the GGC (Gibraltar Gambling Commission). So, should you see any of these licences at your chosen site you can rest assured that you’re in safe hands.
If you prefer to fit in a few games whilst on the go, many of the best sites offer live dealer play on mobile devices. This means that wherever you have a stable internet connection you can enjoy several hands of blackjack, a few spins of the roulette wheel or a handful of rolls of the dice.
As many Canadian online casinos can be accessed via mobile devices, certain sites have developed dedicated apps. You can download these from your device’s respective app store and enjoy all of the live casino games via a tap of your smartphone's or tablet’s screen.