Live Baccarat Online in Canada
Baccarat has long held an image of being a game for high rollers. Whilst certain spy thrillers have fed into this idea, it couldn’t be much further from the truth. The game itself caters to all bankrolls and is amongst the simplest card-based table games that you can play.
Granted, it’s been somewhat of a niche offering at many land-based casinos in the past. However, thanks to the rise of online casino gaming, it’s now widely accessible at many of the best Canadian live casinos.
So, if you want to experience the supposed sophistication that surrounds live baccarat, we suggest you read on. Throughout this page, we cover the fundamentals of the game, where you can play and all of the differences between regular online baccarat and its live dealer counterpart!
|Table of Contents|
Find the best Canadian casinos with Live Baccarat!
Whilst live dealer baccarat doesn’t get the same recognition as other popular table games like live blackjack or live roulette, it’s still readily available at many Canadian online casinos. Our team of experts has scoured the web for your best options; simply follow the respective links below to get started!
Live baccarat is similar to both its regular online and land-based counterparts. The rules and the gameplay are the same unless you’re playing a specific variant - and we cover the most popular variants later.
However, there are some differences, which are integral to the overall experience. Unlike when you play at a regular 12-player limit table, hundreds of people can play live baccarat simultaneously. There’s an on-screen user interface, which covers all of the necessary game functions. You can alter your stake, choose your preferred betting options and see a history of hands via the digital display.
Once you’ve locked in your bet, the action will unfold via HD video stream. However, if your internet connection isn’t strong enough, it will revert to a digital representation of the ongoing hand. Once the hand concludes, the dealer instantly settles all bets and the next betting window will open. You will have a set amount of time to place any new bets before the next round begins. Thankfully, there is a Rebet/Autoplay function that enables you to quickly select your previous bet to avoid missing out.
Live Baccarat Rules
Most baccarat variants use a standard ruleset. Certain variants may alter the number of decks in a shoe, the house edge or the table limits but the fundamentals often remain the same.
Before any cards are dealt, you place a bet on what you think the winning outcome will be. Your options are the player, the banker or a tie.
After locking in your bet, the dealer will then deal two face-up cards to both the Player Hand and the Banker Hand. The goal is to correctly predict which hand will total the closest to, or reveal exactly, nine. Whichever hand results in the higher score is determined the winner. In the case of both hands revealing the same value, the hand is a tie and winning bets receive an 8:1 payout.
- You can place bets on the bank (dealer), which pays 0.95:1, the player, which pays 1:1, or the tie, which pays 8:1.
- The dealer then deals two face-up cards to the player and the bank.
- Each card holds a specific value. An ace is worth 1, two-nine hold their face value and 10, J, Q and K are worth 0.
- The combination of the two cards dictates the hand’s value. If the total value is over 9, then the value of the hand becomes the second digit. For example, a 7 and 8 would total 15, which means the hand holds a value of 5.
- If the Player or the Banker receives an initial two-card hand worth 8 or 9, no additional cards are dealt to either hand.
- If the Player and Banker receive initial two-card hands worth 0-7, the “Third Card Rule” is consulted to determine if extra cards are dealt.
- After any additional cards have been dealt, the outcome dictates the winning hand and bets are settled.
Third Card Rule
|Player’s initial two-card hand|
|0-5||Player draws a third card|
|8-9||No third card to either hand|
|Value of third card drawn by Player|
|Banker’s initial two-card hand||No third card||0||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9|
Like many popular live table games, baccarat has several variants that introduce different rulesets and betting options. You can check out the most common below.
This is the most common form of live baccarat. Midi is often played with a standard ruleset and a shoe consisting of eight 52-card decks. It tends to provide the player with the widest range of betting limits.
Mini baccarat is ideally suited to new players learning to play the game. The table often has fewer seats and has less restrictive betting limits to allow players to acclimatise to the game. It is also sometimes played using fewer decks than regular baccarat.
In this version, the gameplay unfolds at a faster pace. You’ll have less time to place your bets and each round concludes more quickly. It’s inadvisable to play speed baccarat if you don’t have a solid understanding of the rules. However, if you’re familiar with the game it can be a high-octane source of entertainment.
If you want to get in on the live dealer baccarat action, you can do so within minutes. Simply follow our step-by-step guide to get started.
- Step 1: Choose from our best live baccarat sites and follow the link to get started.
- Step 2: Sign up as a new player and make a deposit if necessary. Look out for casino bonuses beforehand, though
- Step 3: Navigate to the live casino section.
- Step 4: Select your preferred live baccarat game to join the table.
- Step 5: Wait for the betting round to commence. Select your stake and place your bets.
- Step 6: Watch the HD video stream to watch the action unfold in real-time.
- Step 7: Once the cards have been dealt and the outcome is resolved, collect your winnings if you’ve made a successful bet.
- Step 8: You can utilise the Rebet/Autoplay function to quickly select your previous bet.
- Step 9: Leave the table at any time to walk away with your total balance/winnings.
Why play online baccarat at a live casino?
So, why should you play live baccarat as opposed to an online counterpart or at a land-based casino? Well, there are several key advantages but, ultimately, it will come down to preference. Below, we’ve listed a few pros of playing live baccarat online.
- Convenience: You won’t have to wait for a seat at the table. You can load up any game and start playing within seconds.
- Wider betting limits: Whilst land-based baccarat tables often have high minimum bet requirements, live baccarat is accessible to all. Bets can suit low stakes players just as they can high rollers.
- Mobile compatibility: You can play wherever, whenever you like. Thanks to mobile technology you can access your favourite live baccarat mobile casino and join in on the action. Make sure you have a solid internet connection though!
- Variation in gameplay: Multiple variants offer a range of gameplay options. Regular baccarat is a fan-favourite but other versions offer exciting new elements.
If you’re looking to play baccarat, you’ll want to weigh up the options between playing at a land-based casino, an online version or a live dealer table. To help make your decision, we’ve listed several pros and cons for each below.
|Land-based Baccarat||Online Baccarat||Live Baccarat|
|✔️ Experience a true casino atmosphere.||✔️ Play at your own pace. There’s no pre-round timer; you can alter your bets until you’re ready to begin.||✔️ HD video allows you to experience the action in real-time.|
|✔️ No internet requirements mean no potential connection issues.||✔️ Often fully mobile optimised.||✔️ A better social experience thanks to multiple players playing simultaneously.|
|❌ Potentially intimidating.||✔️Wider betting options, including side bets.||✔️ Many exciting variants help to mix up the gameplay.|
|❌ Requires travel.||❌ No social element and a lack of atmosphere.||✔️Typically fully mobile optimised.|
|❌ High stakes table limits.||❌ Visuals are often bland and dated.||❌ The pre-round betting timer may not be long enough to place all of your selections.|
Best live Baccarat software
The live baccarat games offered at top Canadian casinos are created by the industry's leading game developers. Whilst different companies provide similar offerings, certain studios deliver a much better experience.
Therefore, if you’re looking to play, we suggest you keep an eye out for the following provider’s live dealer baccarat titles.
Evolution Gaming is the industry’s frontrunner when it comes to live dealer casino games. The provider solely specialises in this particular genre, so their collective expertise is focused on creating the perfect experience. To date, Evolution Gaming has released over 10 different baccarat variants, each with multi-table support. Some of their most popular releases include Live Baccarat Squeeze, Lightning Baccarat and Speed Baccarat.
Another option is Playtech’s live dealer suite. The company’s portfolio includes a range of top-quality live baccarat games that are widely available at Canadian online casinos. There’s plenty of standard action to enjoy but you can also mix things up by playing Baccarat Squeeze, VIP Baccarat or Mini Baccarat. Whatever your preference, Playtech has you covered.
If you are wanting to find out more about live baccarat, check our handy FAQ section below.
Yes, you can win real money by playing live baccarat at any of our trusted Canadian casinos. Simply load up your preferred game, place a real money bet and if it’s successful, you’ll win!
There are multiple ways to win when playing live baccarat. Effectively, you’re trying to predict whether the Player’s or the Banker’s hand will reveal the highest total. If you place a bet on the Player’s hand and it has a greater value than the Banker’s, you win. However, you can also wager that the Banker’s hand will be the winner.
Provided you play at a fully licensed and regulated Canadian casino, it’s perfectly legal. That’s why we only recommend sites that we’ve fully vetted beforehand. You can select any of the sites on this page to play live baccarat in Canada.
The best casinos and game providers work together to ensure all games are fully compatible with mobile. As long as you have an up to date iOS, Android or Windows device you can get in on the action. Simply navigate to your preferred mobile casino and you’ll be able to play wherever you have a stable internet connection.
No, all games must be rigorously tested before release to ensure they meet fair play regulations. Furthermore, each casino that we’ve handpicked holds reputable operating licences, which means they’re committed to all of the latest regulatory requirements.